Sunday, May 9, 2010

09/05/10 malipayon ko!



Malipayon ko (i’m happy)

We started this week with a visit to St. Arnold’s Village… An excellent village which is on top of the mountains with an amazing view!
The St. Arnold Janssen Community village is one of JPIC's rehousing projects funded by the Karl Kübel Foundation. The division is by areas and there are 7 areas with 224 families living there.
Fellows stayed one night with different families in the village. I stayed in Tubianosa family’s home! Tatay (father) Ronie and nanay(mother) Virginia and kayu (son) guapo Chrisgel!
That night i drew pictures and played toys with Cg,Rusin (my host brother). Then we had dinner with their neighours. İ tried divit divit fish for the first time! İt was amazing, İ love Philippines! Lapu lapu fish,mol mol! !

We took a tour round the village, enjoyıng cebu city’s amazing view. We also had various karaoke sessıonsJ all night… it’s interesting, they love slow songs! All the children can sing! J
I slept in the top floor with a fan! So i slept very well! It was like a dream

But i missed my fellows because it was my first night without them after 3 weeks!

Tubianosa family’s notes for me:
‘Gamze,thank you for being a nice person to us. We thank JPIC for selecting you of being our adopted daughter/guest for one night. We’re proud of you. Hoping that you’ll always be in our hearts! And this will be the beginning of our friendship.’
‘I miss u so much!!! I love you! Ate Gamze CG!’

‘Guapa Rona Maria (St.Arnold Village)
Maybe one day u can build ur own house here... so u can visit us always!!!’

1 comment:

J-me Pikman said...

Ty for the info!!!

By the way, have you ever heard about yummy-cebu.com? I hear they just finished a new contest called Mama's day out!